terror96

Driving While Under Suspension

by: terror96 on

Hey guys. Here is my problem. I was pulled over a few days ago for doing 87km/h in a 50km/h. I do not believe the officer that I was going that fast but that is what the ticket says. At the time of being pulled over he notified me that my license was suspended at the time for an unpaid fine. I did not know about my license being suspended but I do know that I did have an unpaid fine (I have paid it and the reinstatement fee since then.) Overall I got charged with Driving while suspended, Speeding 87 in a 50, failure to have insurance papers and failure to have ownership papers. What can I do for the Driving while suspended charge when I really had no clue I had a suspended license? I told him at the time that I did not recieve any notification but he said I was considered notified 7 days after they mailed it (mailed it march 31st) i was pulled over on the 23rd.

OTTLegal

by: OTTLegal on

The penalty for driving under suspension is, 1000 fine and an additional 6 months suspension. As well if your convicted of this offence your insurance will increase dramatically.

The speeding ticket has 4 demerit points on it, and the other tickets are just fines. Its a case that you might be able to do yourself, but if something goes wrong, your going to be without a licence and have a huge insurance problem.

You should probably think about speaking to a paralegal, and get some advice, most paralegals will give you and opinion about this over the phone.

Chris Conway
Retired Toronto Traffic Officer, Hit & Run Squad Detective,
Breathalyzer Tech, Radar/Highway Patrol
Licenced Paralegal
Post a Reply