Uncommon Courtesy

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Radar Identified

Uncommon Courtesy

Unread post by Radar Identified »

This was surprising...

A couple of weeks ago, I had just returned from Newark. It was roughly 9:00 AM, pulled into a Tim Horton's drive-thru. This particular one (Lawrence at Curlew in Toronto) often gets backed up with two lines of cars, one coming off Curlew, the other off Lawrence through the parking lot, going into the drive-thru.

Anyway... one guy in a gold-coloured Chevy (I think it was a Chevy, might be mistaken, it was a couple of weeks ago) was waiting to get into the line. All right, fine. I let him in. Don't know why some people find letting others into be such a traumatic, emasculating experience, but that's a different topic. So I ordered.

When I reached the drive-thru window, the cashier said: "It's paid for." :?

"Uh... what?" "Your coffee's been paid for." :? :?

I'm still not understanding. "Say again?" "The guy in front of you paid for your coffee." :shock:

As it was so unexpected, it required a Supervisor to take over and say slowly: "Okay, you let the guy in front of you in. Because you let him in, he paid for your coffee. You can drive away now." :shock: :D

Couldn't find him to thank him... maybe courtesy on our roads (and in society) isn't dead after all.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
ejardin

Unread post by ejardin »

That's an excellent idea! I'll tuck that in my back pocket to make someone's day sometime.