Opp Crown Vics Equipment

SmokeScreen

Opp Crown Vics Equipment

Unread post by SmokeScreen »

A question for OPP officers out there. Are all OPP fully marked (black and white) Crown Vics equipped the same? Do they all have a partition or cage in the back? Are the cages plexyglass or steel wire mesh? What items are typically located on the rear parcel shelf? What sort of reduction of visibility is there out the back window compared to a regular Crown Vic?

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

All cruisers are outfitted identical.

- reduces costs by having the same equipment

- installed the same to speed up installation

- same location of items for officer to access

- all have cages have clear glass partitions

- all cruisers have 3 mirrors

Roof Rack vehicles (B&W) - nothing in back window area, except maybe a 3" round rear radar antenna, that is not visible through rear view mirror due to its positioning.

Clean Roof vehicles (unmarked)- light bar in back window, which is 2 1/2 inches high, and possibly a 3" round rear radar antenna. Antenna is not visible due to location of mounting. Light bar is not visible in rear view mirror. The angle of the mirror to the bar, is lower than typically looking out your own car and seeing the top of the trunk line.

Absolutely no visibility issues with the current set-up. In fact, I have better visibility with a cruiser than with my own personal car.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca