hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Blondchick wrote:i am looking for any law that support my claim that he is not allowed to do this.... does anyone know of any?

no law, rather sounds some notes got misread or notes written incorrectly

also in the disclosure the officer stated that he was coming in the opposite direction on the 401, had to pull a uturn and then catch up with me. he said he did this in under 1 3/4kms..... do you think that this is possible??

absolutely possible and done a lot in the area, often just thru the grass medians too

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
pvotrainer

by: pvotrainer on

An officer has the discretion to issue a ticket for a lower speed than what is actually driven at. That is old case law. If you were driving at 115, obviously you drove at 110. An officer cannot raise the speed to something that did not occur unless he/she wants to lie. For your scenario, your only avenue is a trial. You have to admit you were speeding at 115, controlled by cruise control. Get a mechanic to check that it works correctly and bring it to court.

In a recent appeal court decision, a Justice has the ability to raise a speeding charge to match the evidence given. But again that doesnot apply to you

Blondchick

by: Blondchick on

ok so i set a trial date as well as i have a meeting with the prosecutor. i have been charged with 135 in 130

this is my disclosure:

traffic stop 401EB at 132km/hr

6-066 genesis II

ser # g25-20883

opp# 07-068

test 0841hrs + 1730hrs all pass

WB ln #1 mobile CBS SMV aahros in ln #1 in front of a blue convertible seabring and beside a TT at the 128 3/4

Act for rad anr P=112 E=135 L=135 h(or could be an l)=3

speed was steady

sv 20m from u-turn made u-turn w/o losing contact with TMV

TMV remained in th eleft lane

catch up to TMV at 130mm and i checked marker with PCC

he also put in his notes that i was adament i wasnt speeding

any advice???

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

think you have misread the notes > officer was WB, has your vehicle EB at 135km/hr near the 128 3/4km marker......uturned and caught up to your vehicle at the 130km marker, called the communications centre and then stopped your vehicle at the 132km marker

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Blondchick

by: Blondchick on

oh ok.... i see what you mean.

i dont know what to say... i wasnt speeding. i had my cruise control set at 115 and i know everyone say this but for real i wasnt speeding. i dont know how to prove that though

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Blondchick wrote:oh ok.... i see what you mean.

i dont know what to say... i wasnt speeding. i had my cruise control set at 115 and i know everyone say this but for real i wasnt speeding. i dont know how to prove that though

Were you the only vehicle on the road....could the officer's radar reading come from a different car? This is what you'll have to prove....

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Traffic Law

by: Traffic Law on

Blondchick wrote:oh ok.... i see what you mean.

I suggest you dont mention that you were "speeding" at 115 km/hr. This proves the crowns case as to speeding allegation. Quantum of speed is still to argue. Good luck.

Post a Reply