A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

cutensassy

Failure To Produce A License When Pulled Over

by: cutensassy on

I got pulled over tonight for speeding .. He ended up giving me a warning ticket for speeding , but gave me a $110.00 fine for failure to produce my license at the time ... Now Im originally from BC , if you have a valid license (I have an Ontario one ) they will give you a ticket to which can be cancelled if you SHOW your VALID DRIVERS LICENSE within 24 hrs of getting the ticket !!!

WHAT ARE THE RULES HERE IN ONTARIO for this .... Im finding more and more that this Provinces Rules on things are completely different then those I have lived with for my whole life!!

Thanks for the help!!

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

surrender driver's licence, ownership, insurance must all be shown upon demand. There is no 12/24/48/72 etc hr grace period in Ontario.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Bookm

by: Bookm on

But the Crown may be sympathetic and dismiss the charge if you show him your lisence ASAP.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Awards

by: admin on

hwybear wrote:surrender driver's licence, ownership, insurance must all be shown upon demand. There is no 12/24/48/72 etc hr grace period in Ontario.

There may not be a legal grace period, but the cop can give you time to show up at the police station and show your proof. It happened to me for failure to provide insurance, as I had an outdated one at the time. The cop was nice enough to give me 72 hours to show it at the police station.

I think it depends on the cop and if he likes you or not :P.

Post a Reply