A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Shepdog14

Catalytics

by: Shepdog14 on

hi all, this is my first time in (hold the dirty jokes).

I've been trying to find out if I can "legally" remove the catalytic converter from my '85 Supra and replace it with a bypass.

I've heard many peoples' opinions, but haven't found anything in the law books just yet.

Does anyone know for sure, or if it is not quite legal, can you point me to the actual letter of the law?

thanks guys...and great site so far.

Shepdog14

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Environmental Protection Act, Ont Reg. 361/98

"catalytic converter" means a device,

(a) through which exhaust from a motor is passed in order to prevent or lessen the emission of a contaminant, and

(b) which would be impaired in its functioning by the use of leaded gasoline as a fuel for operation of the motor;

5. (4) No person shall operate or cause or permit the operation of a motor or motor vehicle that was manufactured with a catalytic converter if the catalytic converter, or any replacement for the catalytic converter,

(a) is not capable of performing the function for which the catalytic converter was intended; or

(b) is disconnected, removed or otherwise altered so that it is not capable of performing the function for which the catalytic converter was intended.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”