Blowing Red Lights

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

hwybear

Posting Awards

Blowing Red Lights

Unread post by hwybear »

Baffling, mind boggling etc...

One of the most dangerous aspects of driving, high probablity of being

"t-boned" and yet people still try to assist those to get out of these offences :shock:

If it the light is red, the driver already blew the yellow/amber portion of the light.

Hope you OR a loved one OR a close friend never gets SMOKED by someone running a red light!

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
ditchMD

Unread post by ditchMD »

I agree 100% T-bone collisions (along with multiple roll-overs) have a high fatality rate, even at low speeds. For those of you wondering why, it's because the aortic ligament, which hold the aorta (aretery leading directly out of the heart, about the diameter of your thumb), tears and allows the vessel to endlessly flop around in your chest...and it dosen't take much to rip it open. One will bleed to death in under 10 seconds.

Scary stuff!!

Dimension7

Unread post by Dimension7 »

A couple of months ago someone nearly T-boned me while I was making a left turn. Saved by a few cm's. :shock: The guy ran a red light and didn't even try to change lanes or slow down, quite the contrary sped up.

I was left wondering where was that cop that gave me the amber light ticket when people who deserve more than tickets are on the streets!

While a few weeks ago my brother was telling me about a car T-boning the vehicle right ahead of my brother's while he was in the car with my baby nephew. A very close call and from what he described, it was a really bad accident for both cars.

I don't know what these people are doing but they are definitely not thinking!