Pandalover88

Suspended Due To Unpaid Fine - How Long Till I Can Drive Aga

by: Pandalover88 on

Got a ticket for expired plate stickers, forgot to pay the fine as I had received it right before leaving for Cuba. Got a letter on Monday saying my license was suspended. I also received a letter from a collection agency telling me I owe them $200. I tried paying gatestone online but they said the payment won't be processed until the 21st. Can I go to the courthouse and pay it on Monday or do I have to do it through the collections agency? Will I be able to drive again on the 21st or does the 5 day waiting period apply after the payment has actually gone through?

I live in the country so I need my license back asap. With the cost of a taxi to work I'll literally be working for free. This situation is rather burdensome financially I want to resolve it ASAP!

OTD Legal

Posting Awards

by: OTD Legal on

Pandalover88 wrote:Got a ticket for expired plate stickers, forgot to pay the fine as I had received it right before leaving for Cuba. Got a letter on Monday saying my license was suspended. I also received a letter from a collection agency telling me I owe them $200. I tried paying gatestone online but they said the payment won't be processed until the 21st. Can I go to the courthouse and pay it on Monday or do I have to do it through the collections agency? Will I be able to drive again on the 21st or does the 5 day waiting period apply after the payment has actually gone through?

I live in the country so I need my license back asap. With the cost of a taxi to work I'll literally be working for free. This situation is rather burdensome financially I want to resolve it ASAP!

It will depend upon how your local court handles over due fines. The Court may be able to accept payment directly, after which you will have to wait approximately 5 days for the MTO to be updated and then be able to pay for your licence to be reinstated. If the matter has gone to a collection agency, then the court may be unable to accept the payment directly. If you must make payment through a collection agency, there will likely be some additional delay.

The content of this post is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be provided after a licenced paralegal has been retained, spoken with you directly, and reviewed the documents related to your case.
Post a Reply