A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
kbits

Chose Option 2 Today But Want To Go To Trial Instead

by: kbits on

I was ticketed for 87 in a 60 and failure to have insurance card. The officer told me that if I took my insurance slip they would withdraw the ticket but they told me that they can't do that (this was at 137 Edward in Toronto). I got nervous and checked off option 2 because it said I could still take my tickets to trial if I didn't accept the offer.

Now the office is closed so I wouldn't be able to go until tomorrow, would they be able to change my choice from Early Resolution to Trial Option?

If I took my insurance slip to the courthouse is there a possibility they could withdraw the ticket there?

I wasn't thinking clearly as I have several exams this week and I have been overloaded with stress from the ticket, college, and work.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

kbits wrote:Now the office is closed so I wouldn't be able to go until tomorrow, would they be able to change my choice from Early Resolution to Trial Option?

If you don't agree to the offer, they'll simply book you a court date. There's no harm in seeing what's being offered.

kbits wrote:If I took my insurance slip to the courthouse is there a possibility they could withdraw the ticket there?

If you bring your insurance that was valid during the stop, they might offer to drop that ticket if you plead guilty to speeding.

Post a Reply