killa

Driving 49cc Scooter , No Plates , Licence , No Insurance

by: killa on

I was driving 50cc scooter near my appartment house with out registration ,licence and insurance. Reason is I just decided to buy a cheap scooter on weekends and register it and get my licence on Monday. On Saturday, I was jpractesing by riding around the parking lot .I got pull over for not having my scooter without licence plates and I got 3 green tickets and 1 yellow( invintation to the court or summon) I'm 17 , and it was my first day of riding this scooter. I have no idea what to do , I was only driving around the parking lot and then I decided to park my scooter in front of my appartment building and while I was crossing the road ,cops caught me. Eventually I have 3 tickets on 760$ and summon on April. What should I do or how I can get excused for driving around the parking lot???Just got in a wrong place at the wrong time .

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

Your charges stem from using your scooter to cut across roads, which you kind of glossed over.

You need at the very least a M-Class license with a limited speed restriction. M with no restrictions would be even better. You need your plate (green limited speed), insurance, helmet, etc.

While harsh, the officer has every right to lay these charges on you. I'm going to assume the officer saw something he really didn't like to want to send this kind of message. Then again, I could be wrong.

You should probably find some representation. You're really going to need it. That $750 you're worried about now is going to look like chump change after all is said and done. Good luck.

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Not sure how low they can go with it. That depends on the JP you get, or the deal you strike with the Prosecutor, etc. I'm not sure you need a lawyer, but definitely a paralegal. If you do get a lawyer, make doubly sure he/she specializes in traffic offences. If you show that in the mean time you've registered, insured and plated the vehicle, etc., they may have some leniency.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
killa

yeah , thank you , everyone. I'm just f****. Even officer told me that I'm f*****. I will talk to paralegal on Monday. I'm planning to tell them that it was my first experience, I'm young , unemployed, going to the University, don't want to financialy struggle due to severe punishment. I would rather ask them to suspend my licence forever than paying off 6,250 for ticket. I just destoyed my future.

lmrj0030

by: lmrj0030 on

killa wrote:yeah , thank you , everyone. I'm just f****. Even officer told me that I'm f*****. I will talk to paralegal on Monday. I'm planning to tell them that it was my first experience, I'm young , unemployed, going to the University, don't want to financialy struggle due to severe punishment. I would rather ask them to suspend my licence forever than paying off 6,250 for ticket. I just destoyed my future.

Be careful what you wish for. Suspended license and 3 tickets will take 5 years to clear up (i could be wrong but 3 years for tickets and 5 years for a suspended license under an insurance's eyes). I believe with a G2 your license will be suspended as you fall under the novice license category.

Your best bet is you should have done your research before driving that scooter. It doesn't matter if it's 10 or 20m away from your home. The moment you let that vehicle on public road, it must have all proper documents or else it's deems illegal.

killa

Today I got everything regested , insured and plated on my name. I'm really hoping that the judge will understand my case. I will try to reduce ticket to a minimum fine or trial for lower ticket. I got everything insured within 3 days! Seems like I will have to ask for a credit as soon as I will turn 18 , I don't have a parents here.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

Tickets/points may clear up in the eyes of the law, but insurance wants your driving history over the past 5 years.

lmrj0030 wrote:
killa wrote:yeah , thank you , everyone. I'm just f****. Even officer told me that I'm f*****. I will talk to paralegal on Monday. I'm planning to tell them that it was my first experience, I'm young , unemployed, going to the University, don't want to financialy struggle due to severe punishment. I would rather ask them to suspend my licence forever than paying off 6,250 for ticket. I just destoyed my future.

Be careful what you wish for. Suspended license and 3 tickets will take 5 years to clear up (i could be wrong but 3 years for tickets and 5 years for a suspended license under an insurance's eyes). I believe with a G2 your license will be suspended as you fall under the novice license category.

Your best bet is you should have done your research before driving that scooter. It doesn't matter if it's 10 or 20m away from your home. The moment you let that vehicle on public road, it must have all proper documents or else it's deems illegal.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Post a Reply