Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
RexTaz

Disobey Sign (officer On Private Property)

by: RexTaz on

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find an answer to and was hoping for some help.

I recently got a disobey Sign for turning left from the main road into a public Mall's Private Parking Lot (I just didn't pay attention to the sign)

My question is if the sign is on PUBLIC property but the officer is sitting in the private parking lot, is he allowed to give a ticket or does the officer have to be on the main road when it happens?

Also does the officer need permission from the owners of the property to be sitting there giving out tickets or is the officer allowed to be giving out tickets while parked on private property?

I was on a main street going north just passed an intersection there was a "No Left Turn" sign and I just didn't pay attention - the officer was already parked there just waiting for people to make the mistake, so I just want to know if I can fight it in trial based on the officer being on private property or is that not a valid defense?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

RexTaz wrote:I just want to know if I can fight it in trial based on the officer being on private property or is that not a valid defense?

No, that would not be a defence.

If the private property owner asked the officer to leave, he would most likely have to comply, but it has no bearing on your offence.

Post a Reply