lordvader

Wrong Infraction Number

by: lordvader on

Hi all,

I got a parking ticket a few weeks ago and have paid it online. And today, I received a Notice of Impending Conviction in the mail. They are for the same infraction and at the same time, but the infraction numbers on the ticket and notice are different by one number. Can I just call them to tell them that I've paid for it or do I have to get a court date?

Thanks.

lordvader

by: lordvader on

I left out some details. The notice ending with 5331 shows an infraction time of 7:07, while the ticket which ends with 5332 shows an infraction time of 7:09. So I'm thinking that the parking enforcer got an error on his machine the first time, then re-entered it a second time?

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Generally the second ticket could be cancelled, especially if it's the same parking enforcement officer. You can most likely get it sorted with the clerk at the parking ticket office. You'll have to bring receipts and evidence to support exactly what you're saying.

Worst case scenario, you'll have to schedule an early-attendance meeting and sort it out with the prosecutor.

Post a Reply