Improper left turn - Fight the traffic ticket
megz15

Fighting Turn Not In Safety Ticket. Pls Help!

by: megz15 on

Well here's the deal. I was heading north and came up to a busy intersection where I needed to turn left. There was a green left turn arrow so I got in the turning lane and proceeded to make my turn. Out of nowhere some 19 year old girl heading south blows through the red light and T-bones me. I'm completely shocked, get out, ask if the other driver is ok and call 911. Police arrive, take statements blah blah blah, and next thing I know I'm getting a ticket for a turn not in safety!! Apparently she told the cop that she had a green light and I turned in front of her. Now, I am a taxi driver for a living and I'm pretty sure I know the difference between a green light and a green turning arrow. Only problem is I was quite shook up to the point where I needed to sit down with an oxygen mask to calm down, and in my statement I told the officer I "thought" I had a green turning arrow. Mind you the cop wrote my statement out himself and I never signed it. Have I screwed myself or can I still fight this?

Post a Reply