A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

phib

Wrong Date On Ticket

by: phib on

Hey,

I had a summons to appear in December. But when I got there I could not meet the crown prosecutor for disclosure/early resolution; Simply wasn't there. The local prosecutor told me that the date on my ticket was set in error, and she would be asking for an adjournment to a later date. She did not have my file either, so no disclosure. I have to appear next year February.

Is there anything I should be aware of in my situation? I've seen on the forum that you can't get tickets dismissed because of minor errors, and that even if you could they would be allowed to reissue them. However, is this something I could use to try and get a better deal?

UGGH!!! I'm thinking now I should have hired a paralegal.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Did you receive a ticket or a summons? A ticket will have a fine on it that you can pay instead of going to Court. A summons has no fine and requires you to attend Court.

If you received a summons (which it sounds like) they will have to issue you a corrective summons with the new Court date on it. I'm not sure the error will benefit you unless they fail to issue the new summons.

Post a Reply