A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

simcoe1099

Vehicle Seizure Questions

by: simcoe1099 on

Need some help re this. My son's truck was siezed by undercover police on Tuesday afternoon reasoning behind this is that they feel that the pick up is stolen cause of the place that he lives in that he is renting the person prior to him living there apparently allegedly had a ring of were he had stolen vehicles, trailers and other stuff, we had meet that tenant a few times. So i guess they assume he is guilty by association...The under cop asked him directly if he new that person, advised him on what he did and kept questionng him were he purchased the pick up...all info was provided to the police...the police also advised my son that they have been watching the household for the last year especially the truck...they told my son that he could drive the truck to the impound or it will be towed and it will cost him $300.00..they did not allow him to take anything out of the truck so he has all his work clothes and work tools are in the truck. My son then went to were he purchased the truck and then called the police and the previous owner of the truck spoke to the police and advised him how long he had the truck and were he purchased the truck. The cop then advised my son he will get the pick up truck when they are done.....my question is do they have the right to do this seizing his vechile, not letting him to take his personal property out of the truck and what are my sons rights? What are my sons legal rights here?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

Sounds like a criminal investigation, not HTA.

Therefore, this falls outside the parameters of this site.

Thread locked.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca