A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

stupidTurn

Stupid Turn

by: stupidTurn on

I don't have a ticket yet but I assume I will be getting one in the mail and want to prepare myself for it...

Today I made a left hand turn while in a bus turning lane. The light was still RED! I panicked! There were no police around of course but I assume there are cameras. What will the ticket be for? Improper left turn? Running a red light? Both? How many demerit points is that? 2 for the improper turn + 3 because the light was red?

How long will it take the ticket to come in the mail?

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

If there was a red light camera then you will get a ticket (to the owner of the vehicle) because light was red.

It is to the OWNER not the driver, so there are no demerit points and no insurance increases.

If there was no camera then you will not get a ticket.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

do the RLC here flash? in the UK, you get 2 flashes

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
stupidTurn

by: stupidTurn on

It was 6:30am, I was in the left turning lane when I realized I was in a BUS LANE ONLY lane. As I was trying to figure out what to do, the lanes beside me got a GREEN light and I got a weird blinding white flashing light just under the RED. I panicked and turned left...for a second I thought it was a special signal for buses only and I safely made the turn. I have been driving for 25 years and have never done something so stupid. It wasn't until later that I realized that the white strobe was likely a camera taking my picture.

How long do I have to wait for the ticket??

Post a Reply