A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bill

Red Light Charge - Section 144(18)

by: bill on

I recived a ticket for Red Light under section 144(18) cost $150,payable $180. Should be $260. The $150 is for section 144(15) Amber light .

The officer entered the Red light charge but wrong cost.

Can the ticket be revoked on the officer error - wrong cost

Please comment

Thanks

Mr. Peabody

by: Mr. Peabody on

I'm pretty sure the total cost on the HTA 144/18 charge is $325.00 ($260.00+$65.00) + 3 points. This amount was just changed in January-February 2010.

Check out some of the previous posts on this site. I'm sure there is a very similar case regarding the wrong fine amount on a ticket. I think (just think) that you have some kind of a "face of the ticket" challenge.

Good luck.

bill

by: bill on

Thank you

I received the ticket in December 2009 - that explains why the cost is $150

Do you know if there is any plea bargaining that I can do - like a different charge - disboeying lane change ,etc

any comments

Thanks

Mr. Peabody

by: Mr. Peabody on

I have direct knowledge of a red light HTA 144/18 that was reduced to disobeying lane light HTA 144/10 ($85.00+$30.00 and no points). It seems a lot depends on your driving record. The better it is the better deal you get. If someone is receiving tickets on a regular basis the province tends to look at them like they're a "cash cow".

The prosecutor is usually available to discuss a deal anytime before the trial. Check at the office you'd pay the ticket at (the POA office) and they'll you his/her hours of availability. From what I've heard most of the prosecutors are fair. Definitely visit them before the trial date, so you have time to think it through.

These are just my opinions and thoughts.

Again, good luck.

Post a Reply