A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

anotherticket

Offence Not Found

by: anotherticket on

Hi,

I went to pay a speeding ticket online today. I received the ticket 9 days ago.

On both the city website and paymytickets, it said "Offence Not Found. This ticket has not yet been entered into the database. Please verify the ticket number or try again later."

Surely, it should have been entered by now, as I only have 15 days to pay it.

Could it somehow have been forgotten? Should I ignore it? I'm not sure what to do.

anotherticket

by: anotherticket on

Called and talked to a rather snotty person. She said that the officer has 7 days to file (up to 9 if it falls on a weekend, which it did) then there's another 7 days it can take to go into the system. I have no idea why it would take 7 days to go into a system when everything is computerized but I'll try again in a week and see what happens.

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

The officer has 7 days to file the ticket with the court, which means get his copy to the court. There is then no time limit on how quickly they need to enter it into the system... it can take them weeks sometimes before the ticket shows up.

You would be far better off choosing NOT GUILTY and requesting a trial with the officer present. once you get the Notice of Trial, you can then request disclosure/officers notes and review them before just pleading guilty and paying it. You can still pay it anytime up to the trial date.

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Post a Reply