A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Tutoke

Need Help

by: Tutoke on

Hello . I just need info I guess I have never had a licences but have gotten a lot of fines for driving and stuff from a couple different cities. I'm just wondering if I have to go to each city to pay the fines or is there a way to get them all in one spot so I can start to pay them off. Any advice would help please and thank you

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

by: jsherk on

Can you be more specific please...

You said "you guess" you never had a licence... what does that mean?

What is "a lot" of fines?

What are these fines for?

Are the different cities all in Ontario or another province or USA?

+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
Tutoke

I mean I guess I need info lol the fines are all from Ontario the cities are about an hour away from each other. And the fines are I think about 3 or 4 are driving with out a licence 2 for no insurance 3 for invalid plates and 1 for running a red light and speeding they all together equal out to be around 4 thousand

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

If you previously had a license they would probably show up at the MTO against your license and you could just pay it there, but if you have never had a license then that does not help you.

You will probably have to call each city and confirm the amount owing and how you can pay them. Most fines and tickets can be paid online now. Alternatively they would probably accept a cheque in the mail too.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

No Insurance is a minimum $5000 each charge. X 2 will equal $10,000.

Drive - No License is a $260 charge. X "3 or 4" will equal $780 or $1040. Lets go with $780 for arguments sake.

For Invalid Plates, I'm going to assume its "Use Plates not Authorized for Vehicle". That's $140 per offense. X 3 would equal $420.

Running a red light is $325. Speeding is determined on your speed, so I wouldn't know how much that would be. But for arguments sake, lets just say 15 over = $37.50

You are looking at a grand total of about $11,562.50. Don't really know where you got $4000 from. Also, Don't quote me of this, but I think if you get caught Driving without a license, they can prevent you from acquiring a license for a period of time.

If all this is true, May I suggest getting a Metropass, because even if you manage to get a license, insurance would be hard to find. I wonder if facility insurance will even insure you.

I hope you learned your lesson, unless you are a troll.

Decatur

Posting Awards

by: Decatur on

Don't go to MTO or Service Ontario as suggested. Go to your local Provincial Offences court with identification and ask them. They will have the total from around the Province and then you can look to see if you can start up a payment plan or some sort.

If you've never had a drivers licence, a licence number will have been created for you by the MTO after you received your first ticket. The DL number should have been used in all of your convictions since that date.

Tutoke

5000 if you don't go to court.. Both times I went to court and got them down to 500 each the first one was about ten years ago and the last one was about 6 months ago. And yea they gave me a licence number the last time on the paper

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Tutoke wrote:5000 if you don't go to court.. Both times I went to court and got them down to 500 each the first one was about ten years ago and the last one was about 6 months ago. And yea they gave me a licence number the last time on the paper

I find it very hard to believe you ended up with a $500 fine for a second offence.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

You were charged with:

2. (1) Subject to the regulations, no owner or lessee of a motor vehicle shall, (a) operate the motor vehicle; or (b) cause or permit the motor vehicle to be operated, on a highway unless the motor vehicle is insured under a contract of automobile insurance. 1994, c. 11, s. 383; 1996, c. 21, s. 50 (3).

The Penalty:

Every owner or lessee of a motor vehicle who, (a) contravenes subsection (1) of this section or subsection 13 (11); or (b) surrenders an insurance card for inspection to a police officer, when requested to do so, purporting to show that the motor vehicle is insured under a contract of automobile insurance when the motor vehicle is not so insured, is guilty of an offence and is liable on a first conviction to a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $25,000 and on a subsequent conviction to a fine of not less than $10,000 and not more than $50,000 and, in addition, his or her drivers licence may be suspended for a period of not more than one year. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.25, s. 2 (3); 1996, c. 21, s. 50 (4); 2002, c. 22, s. 33.

As Argyll stated above, I highly doubt you received a $500 for one infraction, let alone 2. I have a friend who was charged with the same offense. He was charged $5000, but they gave him 5 years to pay it, and yes he did go to court.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right,

<bobajob leaves shaking his head, he leaves a hand written note = Don't feed the troll>

Ctrl-Alt-Del

and the hard disk powers down

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

bobajob wrote:Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right,

<bobajob leaves shaking his head, he leaves a hand written note = Don't feed the troll>

Ctrl-Alt-Del

and the hard disk powers down

Post of the week

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Tutoke

Is there a way to post pics I have my list of fines. Also my 2 no insurance were about 10 years apart. And I think its awesome how I ask a question and you people think I'm a troll. Thank you to the people that answered my question. I appreciate it

jsherk
High Authority
High Authority

There is a quick reply at the bottom of the page with two buttons... SUBMIT and FULL EDITOR.

Click on the FULL EDITOR button and it will take you to a new reply box that also has an UPLOAD option.

Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”