A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

bobajob

Posting Awards

License Plate Sticker - Questions

by: bobajob on

hi,

a couple of questions

I'm looking at buying a car and was trying to drag out the sticker so I would not have to renew it ! :(

So, on my existing licence plate, I was wondering the "best way" to go about this process.

(not sure If I'm going to trade-in/sell before/after getting the car

1) Can I just transfer my existing plate to the new car?

2) Can I get a refund of unused sticker get a new plate and get a sticker for that

3) Why do you have to put one of thoes serial numbers on the car ownership log left in the car, if you don't can you get a ticket?

4) My ticket doesnt expire till april, so i) Do I need to put it on now or can I wait ii) if I get a car before then, can I just use this sticker for the new car plate?

txs

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

1) Yes, you can transfer your old plates to your new vehicle at time of purchase.

2) Yes, they will either add credit to your file or issue a refund depending on the amount. They will give you credit for every full, unused month.

3) On a new ownership, the matching sticker is not required as the serial number is printed on the front of the ownership. However once you renew your plate and get a new sticker, the sticker on the back of the ownership is required. This helps show that the sticker on your plate belongs with that ownership. You could be charged if you don't (something to keep in mind if you keep a photocopy, make sure you update it with every renewal).

4) Renewal stickers are NOT transferrable. It would be a serious offence to put it on the wrong plate.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

ok that made a lot of sense cheers Stanton !

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
ktbhoy

by: ktbhoy on

I just renewed the plate stickers for 2 cars, but accidentally placed the stickers on the wrong cars. i.e. sticker for car 1 went on car 2's plate and vice versa. Stupid mistake I know, and impossible to remove the stickers without damaging them. Please don't tell me I'll have to pay the renewal fees again.

Post a Reply