Leaving The Scene Of Mva. Whats Wrong With People?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

beleafer81

Leaving The Scene Of Mva. Whats Wrong With People?

Unread post by beleafer81 »

I just thought I would share....

I was leaving the billings bridge shopping plaza today, and as I approached data centre road from the lower parking lot I see a burgandy pontiac missing a front bumper and some other parts, someone was out and looking it over. Bumper and parts filled the road. To my right I see a lone woman checking out her damaged silver VW. Fender bender, everyone looks ok. No big deal eh. So I turn right to go towards riverside and take one last look in my rear view mirror. I actualy see the pontiac leaving the scene. So Fearing this poor VW driver was left to fend for herself, I turned back around to offer any help i could. She was ok. Another driver who witnessed the accident, and was almost hit by the same pontiac came over too.

Seriously What the Hell Is wrong with people? Everybody makes mistakes, you cant fault them for a collision. But what do you hope to accomplish by leaving the scene of a MVA? What has happend to common decency and personal responsibility?

Fortunatly the driver of the pontiac also left the front licence plate with the bumper so the police wont have to waste much time tracking them down. But it just makes me shake my head. What a moron.

FiReSTaRT

Unread post by FiReSTaRT »

As long as the plates weren't stolen, which happens. A lowlife driving an uninsured vehicle with stolen plates sure as hell won't stick around to chat with the police.

What kind of a man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

beleafer81 wrote:But what do you hope to accomplish by leaving the scene of a MVA? What has happend to common decency and personal responsibility?

In some cases, people panic and run because they do not have the emotional maturity to handle those situations. In other cases, as FiReSTaRT was getting at, they've got something to hide: No licence, no insurance, driving disqualified/suspended, wanted on a warrant... But yes, people have become totally immature, irresponsible morons...

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca