A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

G35Dalf

by: G35Dalf on

Question: I received a ticket in Quebec back in June 2009 and pled not guilty. Due to backlog in Quebec courts, it was finally resolved (i.e. I pled guilty to a lesser infraction) in Oct 2011. The infraction was 3 demerit points.

From what you're saying, I would not have any demerit points on my license at this time?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

G35Dalf wrote:HwyBear, I seem to remember reading a post from you a while back, that indicated demerit points stay on record for 2 yrs from the date of conviction. Which is correct: date of conviction or date of infraction?

Thanks. :-)

HTA Ontario Regulation 339/94

1. (1) In this Regulation,

"accumulated demerit points" means the total demerit points in a persons record acquired as a result of offences committed within any period of two years, less any points deducted for that period under this Regulation.

2. If a person is convicted of an offence under a provision of an Act, regulation or municipal by-law set out in Column 1 of the Table to this Regulation and the penalty imposed by the court for the conviction does not include a period of licence suspension, the Registrar shall record in respect of the person, as of the date of commission of the offence, the number of demerit points set out opposite thereto in Column 2. O.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply