A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

kstar213

I Got Pulled Over But Did Not Get A Ticket

by: kstar213 on

I was on my way to the airport the other day along with my friend, and I got pulled over for illegal U-turn on red light.

Then the police told me that my licence was suspended for some reason, and he will have to cease my licence and my car.

(I recently had moved, and I had forgot to replace my new license that had came in the mail.)

Somehow I managed to talk him out of it.

He told me I could go, if my friend beside me drived instead.

So, we got out of there fast as we could before he changed his mind.

I never received a ticket or anything.

am I off the hook? or will i receive charges by mail or something?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You could possibly still be charged by summons, but it's unlikely. It would have been much simpler for the officer to issue the summons at the side of the road.

Most likely all that's happened is the officer notified suspension control that your licence was seized and you're now aware of your suspension. That means if you get stopped again driving under suspension a charge is almost guaranteed since you can no longer argue you were unaware.

The Stig

by: The Stig on

Perhaps your suspension was still "new" and had not yet become deemed served? Ie only a few days old and you had not yet been served personally or by mail. In that circumstance the licence would be seized but no charge laid.

Only way to know for sure is to track the officer down and ask them. But I suspect you don't want to push your luck.

Post a Reply