Disobey Lane Light

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

chickeni

Disobey Lane Light

Unread post by chickeni »

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to get some advise. This morning, at Markham, Ontario, I was turning right at red lights and saw a couple of cop cars and a truck on the right. One of the cop was talking to the driver of the truck and the other cop stopped me and asked me to pull over. While I was was stopping, he pulled over another car right behind be and asked him to pull over in the front. He then came to me and said that I did not stop at the red lights and that I made a rolling right turn. I said that I remember stopping at the lights before I made the turn. He got my papers and said that he'll see what he can do.

He came back and gave me the ticket and said that he reduced it to 'disobey lane light' which is only $110 fine and no points instead of 'Red lights - failed to stop' and that I can choose option (2) to talk to the prosecutor and he will bring it down to $60 with no points. I thanked him and left.

1) Should I go to court and fight the ticket or select option (2) to talk to prosecutor?

2) What are the chances of the ticket being thrown if I go to court? What is the proof that I did not stop (usually I do stop at red lights)

3) Will this affect my insurance? (unfortunately, i had 2 speeding tickets in last 3 years in more than 20 years of driving experience)

Any advise will help..

Thanks in advance...

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

Insurance are not interested in points, its only for the MTO, and your ability ot have a license

a conviction, is a conviction and as such is liable to effect your insurance,

convictions are rated as minor major and serious,

so unless you can get the ticket thrown out, that is the only way it will NOT effect your insurance

chickeni wrote:He came back and gave me the ticket and said that he reduced it to 'disobey lane light' which is only $110 fine and no points instead of 'Red lights - failed to stop' and that I can choose option (2) to talk to the prosecutor and he will bring it down to $60 with no points. I thanked him and left.

3) Will this affect my insurance? (unfortunately, i had 2 speeding tickets in last 3 years in more than 20 years of driving experience)

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
chickeni

Unread post by chickeni »

Should I ask for trial?

If I happen to go to trial, any chance of JP changing the charge to 'Red Light - failed to stop' with increase fine and points?

Thanks

bobajob

Posting Awards

Unread post by bobajob »

from my understanding;

option 2 is a one on one with the prosecutor, who will look over your file and make you an offer (if one is available)

you can accept ot or not. if not, you can then go to trial

chickeni wrote:Should I ask for trial?

If I happen to go to trial, any chance of JP changing the charge to 'Red Light - failed to stop' with increase fine and points?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
hawaii

Unread post by hawaii »

bobajob wrote:from my understanding;

option 2 is a one on one with the prosecutor, who will look over your file and make you an offer (if one is available)

you can accept ot or not. if not, you can then go to trial

chickeni wrote:Should I ask for trial?

Thanks

Hopefully buddy doesnt show up in court