Highway Traffic Act section 139.1
Micnic79

Fail To Yield On Through Highway, No Signature By Cop

by: Micnic79 on

I approached the intersection making a right turn, stopped and there was no on coming traffic. I proceed and fully turned and driving straight, truck flies ahead of me and clips the front of car. We pull over and then just decide to drive to cop shop. The cop was very grumpy with me because I didn't know which way I was heading, ie south north east and west. She takes us both in the office and tells me it's shift change. Takes report and asks another officer to take the kids statement. She writes everything I say down on back of report. Goes in back office talks with the other cop. We over hear that the young man that hit me is going to school to be a cop. They then give him a copy of the report and that is all. I was given a card with the report number and her name and a ticket. The ticket says there were witnesses and there was no signature from the cop on the ticket. Should I have gotten a copy of the report? And isn't there supposed to be a signature on the ticket?

JayElle

by: JayElle on

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say happened here. You were driving straight, after completing the turn, and then what?

You may want to call someone to get information, ie 1-888-XCOPPER. Talking over the phone will clarify some of these issues.

There doesn't need to be a signature on the actual ticket as long as there is a signature on the officer's certificate of offence. As for a copy of the report, it is common for officers to need 7-10 days to process a report to give you. If you do not hear from the officer within that time, you can always get a copy of it through disclosure when you fight your ticket.

Micnic79

by: Micnic79 on

I was driving on the road going about 15kms when a truck going about 50 passes me and hits the front of my car. So if the cop checked off that there were witnesses shouldn't I have known about it? I am not aware of any witnesses other than my kids and their statements weren't taken, mine was taken but I didn't even get to read over it nor did I sign it.

Post a Reply