memento

I Passed A School Bus

by: memento on

So, driving home last night, I past a school bus with its red lights flashing. I know, I know -- very bad. There were no cops in sight. My buddy told me that they can still charge me if another driver reports me. How does this work? I guess someone might have gotten my licence plate. So will the cops come to my house and ask me if I did it -- and then charge me?

How can they prove it was me?

Do these kind of cases usually stand up in court?

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

The driver is not charged and the owner of the car is charged. NO demerit points.

And so far as long as the driver has the correct plate and can ID the car somewhat it sticks. (Personally I have not seen one won but I am sure it happens)

OPSCopper

IloveChihuahuas

by: IloveChihuahuas on

I lent my car to my boyfriend one day while I was at work and he passed a school bus as it was just starting to flash it's lights. The cops showed up at my work the next day and issued me a ticket for Failure to Stop for School Bus with 6 points, as the bus driver wrote down my licence plate and description of the car but not the description of the driver! So YES it can happen!!

I told the police officer that I was at work and not driving the car that day, I had my manager verify, and the police officer was very understanding and he is the one who recommended I fight the ticket! (And yes I fought it and I won!)

Post a Reply