Word

Chances?

by: Word on

Recently, I passed a school bus with its flashing red lights by mistake. I realize this is a major mistake to make... what happened was when the lights came on I was about to pass the bus (I was driving in the opposite direction). I didn't think I could stop before the bus (and there was a car behind me_ so I drove on but slowed down. I'm scared that the driver wrote down my license plate and I could be charged... I have a few questions about this and would appreciate it if someone could help me.

1) what are the chances that the driver did write my license plate and reported me? (assuming that they believed I passed them while they had their lights on and could have stopped before)

2) I realize that since there was no cop who stopped me, the owner of the car will likely be charged (and therefore no affect on demerit points or insurance). My question is on the odd chance that the bus driver actually took note of what I looked like, could I still be charged as the driver? Would it not be my word against his, could his description of me alone have me charged as the driver?

3) If i was convicted as a driver, how would this affect my insurance rates (roughly)? I did only get my G2 last year so I realize that it may substantially go up. I have no prior convictions.

Finally, how long will it take for me to receive the ticket, if any, in the mail? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm very paranoid and want to know what to expect.

Thanks!

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

1. That question is not possible to answer. Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

2. The bus driver would have to identify you in court. If the driver can identify you, then yes, you could be charged/convicted as the driver.

3. Insurance companies consider this a major offence... so doubling your rates wouldn't be out of the question (depending on a number of factors).

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply