Failing To Report And Remain

AI

Failing To Report And Remain

Unread post by AI »

So I got into a minor accident yesterday. (Feb24 2010). I was backing out of my driveway, and it had just snowed. As I backed out, I tapped the vehicle which was parked behind my driveway.

I got of my vehicle looked at the damage. It was in my mind about 400-500 dollars. So I went to the house where the car was parked and asked if the car owner was there. The car owner came out and she called her husband to come to the scene. I waited till the husband came.

Than we decided that I would pay cash or report to my insurance company, depending on the cost of the damage. I contacted the husband the next day and was told by him that it would cost 2500 dollars!! I was shocked to hear that and I am thinking he is swindling me for money. But than I told him that I cannot pay that much cash and must go through insurance.

Is it possible for me to get a ticket for not reporting the accident? Should I go through insurance or try to scrape the cash together through loans? Will the insurance company cover me now that it has been 2 days already, and will be going onto my third day?