Red Light - Fail To Stop Hta 144(18)

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
cloneman

Red Light - Fail To Stop Hta 144(18)

Unread post by cloneman »

Need some opinions, it's eating me pretty bad.

Got the ticket my first time after getting my G2, the drive started of somewhat rocky getting use to a new car I have never used before, but after about 10 minutes I got the feel for it. My last few lessons with my driving instructor, my driving test, and my recent driving experience I had gotten the handle on speed control(I drive at the limit, see people go over the limit as I drive), lane changes, turns, though my 2 weakness are my handling of my turn signals(still needs practice), and certain situations I have never encountered which one of them happened with this ticket.

Anyway how I got the ticket was that I was driving through a Traffic light intersection which contained road barriers blocking off the other street of the intersection, and unfortunately I went through the red light and got pulled over which was a horrible end to my first drive alone. When I drove through the intersection, because I seen the barriers as I approached it, I at the time didn't I had to stop at the red light, and I drove through it, I do understand I could have hit a pedestrian had there been one crossing the street, it is horrible to imagine.

Now I accept full responsibility for my infraction, I broke the law, my minds thoughts on traffic situations has opened up to a wider variety of possible inexperienced situations, though I am really worried about having demerit points on my licence.

Anyway I am just wondering if should try meeting with a prosecutor to reduce the demerit points.

It is eating up my mind, though if I keep both the fine and the demerit points I will have ultimately deserved it.

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

cloneman wrote:Anyway I am just wondering if should try meeting with a prosecutor to reduce the demerit points.

It is eating up my mind, though if I keep both the fine and the demerit points I will have ultimately deserved it.

It sounds like you're content with pleading guilty anyways, so you've got nothing to lose by attending a resolution meeting. They will either lower the charge or they wont. They'll have to find a suitable charge to lower it to. They cannot just remove the points and keep the same charge. I wouldn't be surprised if you were offered another charge with zero points. Normally points are kind of useless, but you're a new novice driver and another 3 points could land you an interview. Points last 2 years from the date you were charged.