How Long To Process Ticket

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
itscleo

How Long To Process Ticket

Unread post by itscleo »

So I got my first ticket ever for failing to stop at a red light. I just signed in the ticket and sent it in with my credit card number. This was two weeks ago. How long does it take for a ticket to process? The fine hasn't appeared on my credit card bill.

I just want to make sure the ticket is dealt with. I did actually try to call the cops but got directed by their switchboard to an answering machine. Which is both funny and pathetic really.

Anyone know how long it will take for this to go through? It's York Region police

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Only involvement police have with an offence notice (ticket) is issuing it to a driver.

All other involvement (paying, pleading, trial) is dealt with by the courts - which is the address that you mailed in the payment to - so call that court.

Other option would have been to use www.paytickets.ca which is an online payment method

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca