High beam on? Discuss Failing to lower headlamp beams
Nanuk

Re: 2 Tickets, 2 Different Courthouses. Cop Says Quota Syste

by: Nanuk on

bend wrote:
UnluckyDuck wrote:The OP didn't upload his tickets. I did. What I was trying to show is that I believe that he is telling the truth behind the false charges. My headlights weren't out but I still got charged for it. Bear in mind, I was originally pulled for Stunt Driving, and he gave me a break, which is what I'm assuming happened to the OP.

Your original post 2 months ago makes no mention about you originally being pulled over for stunt driving.

Not only that, but you've been pulled over for 50+ not once, twice, three times, four times, this new/old stunt driving charge, and come away with these amazing stories about how you were basically let off scot-free.

So please excuse me if there's a bit of skepticism on my part when it comes to your posts, which is a shame because who knows what is really happening here.

My bet is on the OP and unlucky are one in the same !

OliverQueen

by: OliverQueen on

Hello everybody I apologize for the late reply I have been extremely busy with work, and I am not very familiar with this website. I was checking my email for replies from this thread. I understand now that you have to physically come onto the website to check for replies. In response to OPS Copper, if you believe that this is BS, that is absolutely fine by me. Everybody is entitled to their opinions & views. However what happened to me was not fabricated, thus why I am requesting footage for the incident. No person in their right mind would request footage if they know they are guilty of something. And I wouldn't have taken time out of my day to write out the whole incident if I knew for certain that I was guilty & had done something wrong. In reply to Stanton, I understand that their isn't much advice I can get from these threads, but I wrote this out maybe to see if this had happened to anybody else, or if requesting footage was even possible.

I can not speak for UnluckyDuck, our situations were a little different and I can guarantee you that we are not the same people. I got pulled over Speeding while UnluckyDuck got pulled over for Stunt Driving. Now I'm not here to convince ya'll that I am innocent or that this incident is true, I'm here asking for advice and to see if anybody else is in the same situation as me. In response to Argyll, unfortunately I cannot upload pictures of my tickets because after a few days of receiving the tickets, I did what the cop said and sent in the two tickets, to the 2 different courthouses. I only thought of posting my story to this thread after I sent the tickets in because to be honest I've never been in this situation before. I never thought to take pictures of the tickets nor had thought to check forums and threads because I've never been in this predicament. I've got a few parking tickets over the years but never traffic tickets. What I do have is 2 letters from 2 different courthouses, they are The Early Resolution Meeting Notices. I got them in 1-2 weeks ago, I understand it is not the same thing and this will not prove my story in the slightest. But on the notices you can see that where I got pulled over, they are the same addressees, also the "Officers No." are the same and the "Offence Date"on the notices are the same. And the date the courthouses issued The Early Resolution Meeting Notices are identical.

Now I know some of you are skeptical whether I am telling the truth or not. I have no reason to lie, I've never been in a situation like this before and honestly I have no idea what to do. I have a clean record and would like to keep it this way, I do not want this officer to get into trouble like I've said in my original post. The officer was a very nice person, his actions however weren't. So attached to this thread are the pictures to my Early Resolution Meeting Notices. So if any of you have some constructive criticism or advice to my situation please let me know. And for those who still think that I am lying please skip this thread because I'm tired of trying to prove my innocence.

On a side note, one of the early resolution meeting notices got torn on the right corner when I was opening the letter. I do not think the information in the right hand corner is important, if I'm wrong please let me know and I will find it and upload a picture of that as well. (It says Form 7.1 Provincial Offence Act O . REG ___) And the only thing I have blacked out is my name & address. Also I apologize for the quality of the photos, this thread only allows files to uploaded under 250KB in file size.

Attachments
20160117_121117 (445x1024).jpg
20160117_121117 (445x1024).jpg (232.6 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Personally I'd be calling the crowns and saying you want to deal with them together. You're either in one jurisdiction or the other. Maybe the cop finished one ticket book after the first ticket and picked up a different one for the seconds in error. If he intentionally sent you to two different courts I'd file a complaint because that is nonsense.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
mk5tdi

by: mk5tdi on

UnluckyDuck wrote:The OP didn't upload his tickets. I did. What I was trying to show is that I believe that he is telling the truth behind the false charges. My headlights weren't out but I still got charged for it. Bear in mind, I was originally pulled for Stunt Driving, and he gave me a break, which is what I'm assuming happened to the OP.

Did you by any chance had HIDs in your reflector headlight housing, allegedly? just my personal opinion, I hate when people do that, its blinding for oncoming traffic.

UnluckyDuck

Posting Awards

by: UnluckyDuck on

mk5tdi wrote:

Did you by any chance had HIDs in your reflector headlight housing, allegedly? just my personal opinion, I hate when people do that, its blinding for oncoming traffic.

No I didn't. Used to have them years ago, but while driving home from picking my dad up at a bar, my girlfriend drove my car behind me (I was driving his car) and the lights just pissed me off. Took them out the next day and replaced them with those $2 walmart bulbs.

UPDATE: I had my early resolution for improper license plate light. They didn't withdraw the charge, but offered a payment plan. I'll let you guys know how the trial goes.

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

Request disclosure (officer's notes) for both tickets. Depending on what's written in the notes, you may need to get serious representation and decide whether you want to entertain the officer's version of events.

Both charges afford you a "due dilligence" defence where you can argue the lights were working as you started your drive and got burnt out during the drive. Some sort of receipt/bill to show the purchase/repair of the lights.

Having to play along with the story, while you're not under oath. But once you're on the stand, unfortunately... nobody will believe your "true" story; unless you had a dashcam rolling that recorded the event or an independent witness that observed the interaction.

I advise not to go down this road on your own, but if the officer is willing to fabricate evidence (notes) and lay false charges while on the sunshine list; you're going to need to help.

Casually driving around in the Greater Toronto Area could easily net a number of enforceable HTA charges. Why make up a speeding charge in order to get a traffic stop? then lay something completely irrelevant in two different jurisdictions?

OliverQueen

by: OliverQueen on

Update: I went for my first early resolution meeting for the "Failure to Surrender license" charge and all I can say is that our Justice System is flawed. I told the truth to the prosecutor and he sent it to trial, while 4 other people with the same charge got it withdrawn by admitting to the prosecutor that they had accidentally left it at home. When i asked the prosecutor for a full disclosure he got very upset and rude and started making unnecessary comments like "Oh so you've done this before" and "Does it look like that there is a disclosure here" I politely told him that no I have not done this before, but I do read up on the law and I know what I can ask for in an early resolution meeting, because I called ahead and conducted my own research He said that he didn't have one and that I would have to request one when my Notice for Trail came in the mail.

Your right iFly55, I probably shouldn't have gone down this road, I mean look at what I get for telling the truth. Had I lied this charge would have been dropped like it was dropped for the other 4 people with the same charge as me. I will be requesting a full disclosure once my trial date comes in, I know what I must do to prepare. Do you know if I am able to request dash cam footage from the officers vehicle for evidence? That will literally prove my case. Please let me know ASAP.

Post a Reply