am1376n22

Stunt Driving 128 In 60 Zone

by: am1376n22 on

I got pulled over at night in bloomignton and woodbine, the speed limit changes very fast from 80 to 60. 128 recorded in 60 zone.

So as I was going there were no cars in front of me, either way I got pulled over. He handcuffed me and put me in the back reading my charges and rights.

I got charged with Stunt driving and speeding.

I have a clean record, no tickets ever. I did not have alcohol, I dont smoke or drink. turned 18 in july. Paralegal student in fall.

What are the chances of me getting jail time?

Beside for sure having my g2 suspended and insurance skyrocketing, would I have to pay thousands of dollars? I work part time and make 200 bucks by weekley and my car is worth 4000$

iFly55

Posting Awards

by: iFly55 on

http://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK264

Stunt Driving carries an automatic 7-day driver's license suspension and 7-day vehicle impound. There are costs associated with retrieving your vehicle. After the 7-days have elapsed, it will cost $150 to have your driver's license reinstated.

+68 in a 60 zone is a pretty serious charge. For a first conviction, they will generally not seek incarceration. The fines are from $2000 to $10,000. On a first conviction they can have your driver's license suspended for up to 2 years.

http://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/940340 http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... 10.2.shtml

Because you have a novice class driver's license, if you're found guilty of S172 then you will face escalating sanctions where your DL will be suspended for 30 days. I'm not sure if this will be in addition to a S172 suspension, or if the suspensions will run concurrently.

With higher speeds in lower speed zones, some prosecutors may want to make an example out of you; they won't give any deals and proceed to trial looking for maximums. It may be in your best interest to retain legal counsel on this, if you don't want to go about this on your own.

bobajob

Posting Awards

by: bobajob on

they handcuffed you? is that normal

--------------------------------------------------------------
* NO you cant touch your phone
* Speeding is speeding
* Challenge every ticket
* Impaired driving, you should be locked up UNDER the jail
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

There are several arrestable offences under the Highway Traffic Act, stunt driving being one of them. I can't speak to how typical it is to be arrested for the offence, but the officer does have the authority to do so.

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: argyll on

Basically you will be selling the car and never driving again until you have a much better paying job as you will be paying this off for a long time and your insurance rates when you do get behind the wheel of a car will be eye-bleedingly high.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
Post a Reply