TB-6335

Requesting Advice - 113km In 80km

by: TB-6335 on

Yesterday while I was travelling to my midwife appointment I was pulled over and given the ticket for 113km in an 80km. I am 5 months pregnant and was on my way to recieve the results of multiple testings to determine the health of my baby. I was on a county rd (26) in Simcoe County just outside of Elmvale. I had just gone down a big hill, but was now on flat road, no cars in front of behind me, I was deep in thought about my appointment and getting my results. And all of a sudden I see an oncoming vehicle which suddenly turns on lights, indentifying it as a police car. I pulled over, the police car turned around and pulled over right behind me. As I was pulling over I tried to look at my speedometer to see what I was doing to cause him to stop me but I could see... I am short, 5'3, and with my growing belling I have had to raise my wheel so it would not be hitting my stomach, so now the upper portion of the speedometer is blocked from my view and I couldn't determine for myself my speed.

When he came to my window he said "I got you doing 113 in a 80." I was shocked... I honestly didn't think I was going that fast. I didn't say anything. He then asked for my license, proof of insurance and ownership. All of which I gave to him. He was in his car for about 5 minutes. When he came back he gave me the ticket. He said "I don't know what your driving record is like, but if it is good, I suggest option 3 on your ticket, they may be willing to work with you." And that was it.

I have looked at the ticket and have read a few postings here and am not sure how to proceed. I have never had a ticket that involved points. In my 15 plus years of driving I have had a handful of tickets, but none for over 15km. I am sure I was going over 80 because I had just gone down a hill and hadn't corrected my speed from that, but again I don't think I was going that fast.

On my ticket, with lists the POA court as Orillia gives 2 options for "Option 3"

Do I select both or just one?

1, I intend to appear in court to enter a plea of not guilty at the time and place set for trial and I wiish to have trial conducted in the English language.

or/and

2, I intend to chanllenge the evidence of the Provincial Offences Officer. I request that the officer attend trail.

I do not feel confident about getting in to a court battle and don't feel I could challenge the Officer about the evidence. I would just like to have it reduced and go away. What is the likelihood of that happening?

Help, advice, suggestions?

Thank you.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

Reductions are quite common. Most jurisdictions offer a first attendance meeting with the Crown, where they will hopefully let you plead guilty to a reduced speeding fine. You will still need to select option 3 to dispute the charge and then determine if/how first attendance meetings are scheduled in Orillia.

Post a Reply