gary007

Need A Professional Advice Speeding 149 Km/h In 100 Km/h

by: gary007 on

I got ticket "Speeding 149 km/h in 100 km/h zone" on the hwy 407 west bond before hwy 27 but the opp put on the not it is hwy 407/27. The OPP reduced it from 150 KM/h. he used Laser Ally speed LIDAR which was tested before and after the ticket as it was fine. I asked him what to do he told me to pay it "didn't give me the other options which suppose to" .

The office did not put the color of the car on his note nore it is on the ticket. I am attaching the OPP note . the disclosure does not have the full manual for the Laser Ally speed LIDAR as well as I asked for a copy of both sides of the officers copy of the ticket (Notice of Offence), It is not there.

I have a trial date on August 19, 2014

When I call paralegales, they try to make me afraid that the court will return the speed to the original then I lose my license and they have the magic to let the court at least lower the ticket. I need a professional advice from someone realy work on this field and knows what he is talking about.

Attachments
note.jpg
note.jpg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
ynotp

Posting Awards

by: ynotp on

The only expert is you after this goes down.

The paralegals are right to warn you that your ticket will be amended to the original speed and all the ramifications that come with that.

In the face of such a huge risk for relatively little reward, can you stomach taking a chance to go to court and challenge the officers overall credibility on if they can recall the colour of your car and perhaps where exactly they clocked you?

The real question here is if the officer cannot recall the exact colour of the car is this alone a basis for a not guilty verdict?

Credibility is based on a number of factors and is considered by the JP on a whole.

gary007

Thanks for your respond. I am not sure why all the paralegals if they took my case then thy send it for the trial if that't true there is a big risk? what is the magic they have that they are almost sure that can make a deal to lo lower the point?

I had a lot of tickets 10 years ago. I used to use a paralegal because I used to pay $150 and not like now asking at least $325 and always ether he get me out of the case or at least they give him a break. I don't find thatparaleagal.

Not sure what to do???

gary007

I would like to update you one this case it can help the other.

I called law referral service which gives 30 minutes free consultation with a lawyer or paralegal . I spook with paralegal after I sent him the ticket copy and the officer note and my question. he let me know the risk if I take it for a trial while as he said and I notes, when you go to the court, %90 of the time the prosecutor will give you a deal. if you have 4 point she will offer to reduce it to 3 point. 8) I took it ..This is what most paralegal would get you and the consider it as a WIN. You don't need them...

When I went to the court, I checked the name list and most of them is for the same police officer. They usually put all the police officer tickets on the same day so mostly the police officer would show up unless this a new officer and doesn't have so much tickets.

Post a Reply