90km\hr In A 60km\hr Zone..court This Afternoon

dkameka

90km\hr In A 60km\hr Zone..court This Afternoon

Unread post by dkameka »

The officer did not reduce the ticket by 1km/hr.

1km/hr would have made a huge difference in points and fine amount;however, he said he will reduce it in court.

I've selected option 2 to discuss possible resolution:

Do you think they will drop it to exceeding the speed limit by 16km/ hr to 29km/hr. (Taking only 1km/hr off) OR...

I'm hoping to get it dropped to 75km (15km/hr) over.

If have a clean record with no demerit points. I don't wan't 4 or 3 points on my record.

If the prosecutor is only willing to drop it to 3 points (exceeding the speed limit by 16km/ hr to 29km/hr) can I ask for an adjourmnent and set trial date. Is this a smart thing to do? Or just take what they give me.?

If I ask for a trial date to fight it instead. When and how should I ask for the disclosure to start building my case?

highwaystar

Posting Awards

Unread post by highwaystar »

Chances are very slim that they'll drop it to only 15 over (i.e. no points). I would expect that they will only drop it to 20 over at most (i.e. a 3 point, minor infraction for insurance purposes). Its too large a drop to reduce it by 15km, so its extremely rare to be offered. After all, prosecutors need to balance court resources vs. devaluing the work of officers and the law. Dropping it that much down starts to devalue the integrity of the law. Besides, Prosecutors know that speeding charges are not very hard for them to prove and win with little court time spent. If you don't take a deal and are convicted at 30 over, you'll face 4 points (i.e. a major infraction for insurance purposes). You need to factor all of that in when deciding.

dkameka

Unread post by dkameka »

Through resolution they dropped it to. 15km/hr over.... No points.

45 dollars. Original ticket... 220 dollars.

I'm 40 with clean driving record.. No points. I'm thinking

That favored the resolution.

I'm very happy with that.