A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
barncat

Trial Date On Wed., Nov. 30, For Speeding Ticket

by: barncat on

I am unfamiliar with the court and trial proceedings in Ontario.

I received a speeding ticket (24lm/hr over, street road) in July of this year, and have requested disclosure and will pick it up 2 days prior to the trial date (Nov 30).

What sort of information should I be paying particular attention to in the disclosure that may help me with my trial?

What is the typical court proceedings like for this kind of matter, so that I know what to expect?

I'm a bit nervous as this is my second speeding ticket. The first one was 20km/hr over on a highway back in 2005.

Any other tips would be extremely helpful, thank you.

barncat

barncat

by: barncat on

thanks for the reply.

there was a compact vehicle, similar to mine also driving in the other lane. in fact the officer looked as if he was pulling this other driver over, but then he switched lanes to pull me over.

i would like to argue that he mistakenly pulled me over for the offence of speeding.

anyways, just wanted to know what happens in the courtroom, how we should answer, how early we should arrive. what should i prepare, and what points to look for in my disclosure.

thats all..and i just finished reading about 60% of the posts in the speeding section of the forums, but none of which go into detail about all the things i have mentioned.

the first time i went to court and had it reduced. this time im not going to accept it being reduced, thts the difference i guess.

Post a Reply