A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

I would suggest calling to check because if it was issued and for some reason you didn't get it, you'll be convicted under section 9.1 in abstentia. There is no specific time limit where it gets thrown out, but if you feel it's taken too long you can make a charter application that your right to a speedy trial has been denied.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
IBeCurious

by: IBeCurious on

Thanks for the reply simon appreciate it.

also generally speaking, where you file your ticket is that usually where you would have to go to court also or could it be anywhere? i have heard some people state they would have to drive a good distance sometimes.

i have filed my ticket at the markham road and Milner location in Scarborough.

IBeCurious

by: IBeCurious on

I have a court date in March, can someone tell me how i go about filing for a disclosure.

I was ticketed 20 over (reduced) in a 60 zone... not sure if he cought me on radar or he paced me but his orginal statement to me is that i cut him off "apperently", but some how manage to come up with a speeding ticket and a calculation of how fast i was going up hill right after the light had turned green. Anyways im not here to point fingures and say that he made anything up im simpy here to get some help & some questions answered.

Couple quick questions this is my first ticket and i'm really trying to avoid a confiction and avoid the whole insurrance hike.

1. how long does an officer need to pace you before he stops and issues you a ticket?

2. is there a distance an officer needs to be to classify the ticket as legit pacing?

3. do radar devices work even in bad weather such as when its raining or can the rain alter the results?

4. do officers get paid on commision for the number of tickets they write lolol JUUUUST KIDDING!

i filed my ticket at the Scarborough location Markham Road, is that also where i request my disclosure? also if so do i need to fax anything or can i just go in and request a disclosure. one more thing guys what kinda things you think i should request in the disclosure.

by the way this sites helpful alot!

Cheers!

the ticket orginated in Scarborough.

Post a Reply