confusedguy

Weird Situation.

by: confusedguy on

Hi.

Odd situation, so I thought I would post.

May 20/10 -Pulled over for no seatbelt(which I was wearing) and subsequently drive suspended ($40 unpaid ticket)

Licence had been suspended since the 1st, Paid my monthy payment on the 6. Was told by clerk at POA Hamilton, in person, that I was "all good" and I wasnt suspended and nothing was outstanding.

Have gone to court a number of times, and JP wants nothing to do with me due to prev record (no stunting, or speeding, lots of silly tickets, usually with vehicles, permits etc.)

My "plea" was to give me the seatbelt (even though I was using it, and a drive without licence) As who would knowingly make a EARLY payment for my monthly, yet leave a $40 ticket untouched, If I knew about it. I understood that it was my responsibility, but I also didn't expect that a trained POA clerk would give me 500% wrong information.

Subsequently, last August I was offered a amazing job in BC, about a week before my trial date. At that time I went to POA, made a remand? and had a meeting to postpone my trial due to being out of province. Now my new court date is end of may, this year.

I have already gotten my BC licence here, i have kept on top of monthy payments to ON (had a large no insurance ticket about 4yrs ago) and am LIVING in BC, perm. Now the suspension I am being faced with in May is a 6 months mandatory suspension. I Currently travel 50 mins commute, into a mountain, for work. No buses, no carpooling avail. I lose my licence, I lose everything, right smack dab in the middle of the busiest time for where I work.

So, if my licence gets yanked for 6 months in Ontario, do I lose my driving privelge in BC?

Also, if it doesn't, would I be prohibited from driving my BC vehicle, owned by me, holding a full BC licence in ontario, for the time that my phantom "ontario" licence is suspended?

How would this all work?

Any help?

Cheers,

ConfusedGuy

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

The licence is a "provincial" suspension, meaning in Ontario only AND it does not matter what type of licence you have elsewhere, if you are back in Ontario you can NOT drive during that suspension period.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
confusedguy

by: confusedguy on

Awesome. So basically, as long as I stay out of ontario during that time, im fine. Sounds good.

anything else?

And how would i "re instate" that after the 6 months seeing as I dont hold a licence from ON anymore.

Post a Reply