Spelling Error On Proof Of Insurance - Ticketed

Canoe Tripper

Spelling Error On Proof Of Insurance - Ticketed

Unread post by Canoe Tripper »

Hi Everyone

How easy would it be to beat a ticket for "failing to provide proof of insurance" for the simple reason of a street name misspelling on my proof of insurance? The street is a woman's name, ending in ie, but the insurance slip was spelled with a y. In my mind this is not a failure to profide proof of insurance. Taking the day off to fight a 65$ ticket seems silly on the surface, but it seems rediculous to me.

Thanks

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

I'd suggest seeking a pre-trial resolution meeting with the Crown. Hopefully it would be a relatively quick process and they would just withdraw the charge.

argyll
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by argyll »

If its as you say defiantly talk to the Crown. There must be more to the ticket than that - I can't I imagine a copper laying a charge for a spelling mistake.

Former Ontario Police Officer. Advice will become less relevant as the time goes by !
daggx

Posting Awards

Unread post by daggx »

I would get your insurance company to send you a corrected slip, and then meet with the prosecutor. Like everyone else, I think it is likely that the prosecutor will withdraw the charge.

Canoe Tripper

Unread post by Canoe Tripper »

Thanks Everyone... Thats what I figured. Within hours temporary (corrected) insurance slips were faxed and on their way in the mail, as well as a letter in hand from the insurance company.

I figured if it went before a judge, they would just toss it anyway... but what the heck do i know!

Cheers!