Careless Driving From Accident

jkbla

Careless Driving From Accident

Unread post by jkbla »

Hello Everyone,

I had a car accident in the summer, I was making a left and a car (according to me) ran a redlight. It was around 11 PM night, there were no cameras and there are conflicted witnesses. The biggest problem is my phone got destroyed, unfortunately I do no have my witnesses. I'm still trying to see if I can get off my phone records somehow, the officer ended up charging me with careless and the other driver with disobeying traffic control-running amber. The cop said you dont show up for his ticket, he doesn't show up for yours everyone's good.

He writes as per witnesses, the driving running the amber was not responsible for the accident, however after speaking with witnesses he was charged accordingly. (quite literally, that is everything in my disclosure)

I did get a paralegal (he came highly recommended) but every time I ask him well what do you think is going to happen, he says you never know. I'm trying to figure out whats the most likely outcome, and if I'm better off taking a plea deal or fighting it in court. or if you guys have any other advice, its stressing me out like crazy.

Thanks in advance

bend

Posting Awards

Unread post by bend »

jkbla wrote:I'm trying to figure out whats the most likely outcome

The most likely outcome would probably be the witnesses involved in your case don't show up. If not, your paralegal will most likely settle for a reduced charge.