raj

Careless Driving, No Accident, No Injury, Please Help

by: raj on

It was around 7:30 pm I was driving to catch a train. It was 60 Km zone. Police charged me with careless driving.

I'm so shocked with that. There is no way he gave me ticket because i was speeding because there was enough cars on that road. The only thing I did that I cut few cars but with proper indication. Another thing I remember is that when I was driving in the right lane, approaching the green lights and I saw a public transit bus coming in my lane so I changed my lane to left lane to give right of way to the bus. When I crossed the next light, cop stopped me and gave me careless driving. He mentioned to me that I was driving carelessly and cutting other drivers. He asked me where I'm going so I told him I'm heading to train station to catch a train. No accident involved at all. Please please someone advise me what should I do, go to lawyer or plea no guilty? I'm so confused. Please guide me.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

You might consider applying for disclosure to see what evidence the officer is going to bring against you if it goes to court. If you feel that they have insufficient evidence to support careless you could consult a lawyer or paralegal for assistance, or challenge it yourself in court.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
viper1

by: viper1 on

raj wrote:It was around 7:30 pm I was driving to catch a train. It was 60 Km zone. Police charged me with careless driving.

I'm so shocked with that. There is no way he gave me ticket because i was speeding because there was enough cars on that road. The only thing I did that I cut few cars but with proper indication. Another thing I remember is that when I was driving in the right lane, approaching the green lights and I saw a public transit bus coming in my lane so I changed my lane to left lane to give right of way to the bus. When I crossed the next light, cop stopped me and gave me careless driving. He mentioned to me that I was driving carelessly and cutting other drivers. He asked me where I'm going so I told him I'm heading to train station to catch a train. No accident involved at all. Please please someone advise me what should I do, go to lawyer or plea no guilty? I'm so confused. Please guide me.

Good police work from what you said.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Um.. are.you trying to say that you were slaloming in and out of traffic?

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply